Friday, November 2, 2012

Why I Love My Cover for IN THE AFTER


 

I think that it perfectly portrays my book, letting you know right away that it’s post-apocalyptic. I love the starkness, the gray pavement with just a touch of color for the weeds. This gives it a creepy feel, but it’s not too dark. Although my book is about flesh-eating creatures, it’s not exactly horror, more of a suspenseful thriller.

I love that the tagline leads right into the cover. They destroyed Before. Now we live…IN THE AFTER. How catching! The lettering works awesomely as a fading road stencil with a graffiti feel.

I also love that this cover is non-gender specific. I think that a boy is just as likely to be drawn to this cover as a girl, so it appeals to a wider audience. I’m glad, because I think boys will like IN THE AFTER, (high on action, low on romance) and this cover lets them give it a chance. While girls (I’m just going to say it, who may have a bit more depth J ) will be drawn to the mysteriousness of the cover.

I really do love my cover, but of course I’m biased. Are there any covers that you love? Why?

And don't forget to enter my giveaway for an ARC, just hit the giveaways tab at the top.

 

6 comments:

  1. Great cover! Very evocative of the genre.

    ReplyDelete
  2. awesome cover! I agree that it protrays the mood of the book better than a generic girl in front doing something in a pretty dress. Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It reminds me (in a good way) of a lot of adult crime books in the UK, such as Karin Slaughter's - particular her early novels.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations, Demitria! You are right about the non-gender specific cover. That is a real advantage!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It has a very foreboding, strong feel to the way it's designed.

    ReplyDelete