Monday, August 13, 2012

IN THE AFTER – In the Flap

This is the short synopsis that will be inside the flap for In the After…what do you guys think?

attack. not isolated. fate of americans unknown.
Amy is watching TV when it happens, when the world is attacked by Them. These vile creatures are rapidly devouring mankind. Most of the population is overtaken, but Amy manages to survive—and even rescue “Baby,” a toddler she finds in an abandoned supermarket. Marooned in Amy’s house, the girls do everything they can to survive—and avoid Them at all costs.
After years of hiding, they are miraculously rescued and taken to New Hope, a colony of survivors living in a former government research compound. While at first the colony seems like a dream with plenty of food, safety, and shelter, New Hope slowly reveals that it is far from ideal. And Amy soon realizes that unless things change, she’ll lose Baby—and much more.
Rebellious, courageous, and tender, this unforgettable duo will have you on the edge of your seat as you tear through the pulse-pounding narrow escapes and horrifying twists of fate in this thrilling debut from author Demitria Lunetta.
I’m completely biased, but I love it! I would totally want to read this book…even if I hadn’t written it. J

Have you guys read any compelling book flaps lately that made you absolutely have to read a book?

18 comments:

  1. Wow, this sounds really good, Demitria. It definitely makes me want to read it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it! It has shades of so many things that draw me in--including a taste of classic sci-fi flavor (even though I'm assuming that Them are not giant ants like the 50s movie... :) ).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No giant ants :) but the second part of the book has a very 50's feel. It's awesome you picked up on that from the synopsis.

      Delete
  3. If the fate of Americans is unknown...what about Australians? ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha! Maybe HarperTeen will change it for each country? They have English World Rights so they'll have to think about all the non-American english speaking countries...of which there are many.

      Delete
  4. Wow, that's such a thrilling description! I'm so excited to read it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Replies
    1. Thanks Liesl, can't wait for your book either...loved the cover.

      Delete
  6. That's definitely going to get people's attention.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, what an awesome concept! This "flap" definitely has me craving for more. I love that your premise is sort of about a teen (I'm assuming) "mothering" another character. That's pretty unique--especially set in a post-apocalyptic world.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks Kathryn! I was definitely interested in exploring a teen's relationship with a younger child, who she feels completely responsible for. I'm glad you like the idea!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have to say, this sounds like exactly the kind of book I would read :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, that sounds good! Very compelling.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh, wow! This sounds wonderful!
    Are you thrilled to death or what?
    I recently got my jacket flap copy and loved it. No front cover yet, though. How about you?

    Just popping over for a return visit. It's nice to meet you! I'll be back!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Joy and happiness is all i can see around ever since i came in contact with this great man. i complained bitterly to him about me having herpes only for him to tell me it’s a minor stuff. He told me he has cured thousands of people but i did not believe until he sent me the herbal medicine and i took it as instructed by this great man, only to go to the hospital after two weeks for another test and i was confirmed negative. For the first time in four years i was getting that result. i want to use this medium to thank this great man. His name is Dr Oyagu, i came in contact with his email through a friend in UK and ever since then my live has been full with laughter and great peace of mind. i urge you all with herpes or HSV to contact him if you willing to give him a chance. you can contact him through this email oyaguherbalhome@gmail.com or you can also WhatsApp him +2348101755322
    He also cured my friend with HIV and ever since then i strongly believe he can do all things. Don't be deceived thinking he does not work, i believe if you can get in contact with this man all your troubles will be over. i have done my part in spreading the good news. Contact him through his email and you will be the next to testify of his great work.



    ReplyDelete